Some bloggers show what's on their design wall. Today I'm showing what's on my ironing board. They are all small items, but fun nonetheless.
First a philanthropy small children's quilt. I did not assemble it but will have fun quilting.
Then I cut binding for another philanthropy quilt. I used stitch-in-the-ditch quilting so the quilting didn't take away from those awesome 1930s fabrics.
For a creative project I am working on, a practice run with two-colored prairie points. This fabric has gorgeous deep red-orange mixed in here and there, so my coloring eye said to bring it out.
A quilting friend of mine had this coffee cup fabric which I told her would make neat coasters (small mug rugs) for the hospital gift shop. She said, "have at it" and handed me the fabric I also used some pink Valentine-looking fabric for another set. I used a chocolate brown for the base. Perhaps I can package them with a piece of chocolate. It'll only take minutes to stitch the centers down.
So what's on your ironing board?
First a philanthropy small children's quilt. I did not assemble it but will have fun quilting.
Then I cut binding for another philanthropy quilt. I used stitch-in-the-ditch quilting so the quilting didn't take away from those awesome 1930s fabrics.
For a creative project I am working on, a practice run with two-colored prairie points. This fabric has gorgeous deep red-orange mixed in here and there, so my coloring eye said to bring it out.
A quilting friend of mine had this coffee cup fabric which I told her would make neat coasters (small mug rugs) for the hospital gift shop. She said, "have at it" and handed me the fabric I also used some pink Valentine-looking fabric for another set. I used a chocolate brown for the base. Perhaps I can package them with a piece of chocolate. It'll only take minutes to stitch the centers down.
So what's on your ironing board?
And small items definitely count! Thanks for sharing them.
ReplyDeleteVery cute works in progress and finishes :)
ReplyDeleteLooks like you are busy and it is fun to see what is on your "ironing board"! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteFreemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday
Oh what a great friend! To let you have at- that fabric and they turned out fantastic!
ReplyDeleteLove that idea!
hugs,
susie