Sunday, June 16, 2013

Do as I Say, Not as I Do


I was just over at Carol’s blog, Just Let Me Quilt, and she was showing off some fancy smancy labels she got for her many creatively crafted projects.   We should all take the time to label our hand crafted items and document our quilts.   It’s almost like a birth certificate giving life to something we invested not only time and talent but also love.

That being said….  Being perfect doesn’t apply to me. 


This small quilt was made about ten years ago.  Yes, about ten years ago. The backing is the same toile print as the front.  However, in two opposite corners on the back handwritten dates appear:  2004 in one corner and 2005 in the other.  Generally I label by hand sewing or fusing a label.  The duplication possibly appeared during preparation for a quilt show.  You know the date blended in with the fabric and was not seen.  When that happens, just grab a marker and guess.  Don't do as I do.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you started it in 2004 and finished it in 2005? Hopefully, those "fancy smancy" labels will help me keep my dates straight...if I remember to add a date to those "smancy" labels. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.